SUPPLIES AND MATERIALS
Supplies Provided by Teacher: Template handouts for faces, face and flower references, loose charcoal.
Student Supply List:
- Stabile pencil
- Lead pencil and eraser
- Watercolor paper ( I use either 300 lb or 140 lb hot press watercolor paper 11” x 17” or there abouts
- Holbein Jaune Brilliant 1 and Jaune Brilliant 2
- Daniel Smith watercolors – English Red earth, Perylene Violet, Piemontite Geniune, Bloodstone, Undersea green, burgundy yellow ochre
- I also use ultramarine and alizarin crimson of any brand
NOW IF YOU DON’T WANT TO BUY ALL THESE COLORS I suggest you at least get the Jaune Brilliant 1 and 2, and English Red Rose and burgundy yellow ochre…….the rest we can mix by using a red, yellow and blue so you don’t have to buy all of them.
- ¼” angular brush -I like this one HERE.
- I use Winsor Newton Series 7 (these are very expensive, so you may want to use a cheaper brush if you are new to watercolor. I will list both. I use a #0, #1, #2, #3
- Also some larger brushes like these da Vinci #1 and #4 for larger washes
- For cheaper brushes try these in the same sizes Grumbacher synthetic sable brushes